1/5 Photos of Wild Blackberry and Apple Crumble/Cobbler
I got this from a farmer's market cookbook. They only made 1/3 of the topping but that far too little for my liking. The topping is easily increased or decreased though, so you can just make as much as you like. this freezes well and it's yummy when served hot with ice cream or custard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large cooking apple, such as Bramley, peeled and diced
- 1/2 lb wild blackberry, you can use storebought
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons porridge oats
- 6 tablespoons crushed almonds or 6 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1Preheat oven to 180C/375F/Gas 5.
- 2Mix the fruit, apple juice and almond extract and place it in a small-medium sized oven pan.
- 3Mix the sugar, flour, oates and almonds. Then rub in the butter until you get a crumbly mixture.
- 4Spread the crumble over the top of the fruit.
- 5Bake for 20-30 minutes until the fruit is bubbling and the crumble golden.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Blackberry and Apple Crumble/Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.1
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 133.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 5.5 g