Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from a farmer's market cookbook. They only made 1/3 of the topping but that far too little for my liking. The topping is easily increased or decreased though, so you can just make as much as you like. this freezes well and it's yummy when served hot with ice cream or custard.
- 1 large cooking apple, such as Bramley, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 lb wild blackberry, you can use storebought
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons porridge oats
- 6 tablespoons crushed almonds or 6 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 180C/375F/Gas 5.
- Mix the fruit, apple juice and almond extract and place it in a small-medium sized oven pan.
- Mix the sugar, flour, oates and almonds. Then rub in the butter until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Spread the crumble over the top of the fruit.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the fruit is bubbling and the crumble golden.
wow Sylvie, one of the best!! DH thught he'd died and gone to heaven. Very delicious, one of my favourite ways to use blackberries, always wonderful in combination with apples and the almonds just topped it off special!! I will make it again, thanks for sharing!