Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was in my Kambrook rice cooker cookbook. Please note that the recipe is in metric cups (250ml) and not rice cooker cups.
- 1 1⁄2 cups short-grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 45 ml honey, warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup mixed berry (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons port wine (optional)
- berries, for serving
- Place rice and 2 cups water into rice cooker and with lid on set cooker to cook.
- Once cooked fluff rice and stir in honey, butter and cream. Close lid and allow to stand to for 10 minutes on the keep warm setting.
- Place berries, icing sugar, 1/4 cup water and port into the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Fold berry mixture through rice mixture.
- Transfer to serving glasses and top with extra berries and cream.
Made this tonight on the stove top since I don't have a rice cooker. Had to use a total of 3 cups of water because the rice wasn't done after two cups had been absorbed but the taste was very nice. Also used Splenda instead of the icing sugar with good results...Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT3
I loved this (rest of crew was finicky). I used 1 pkg. frozen mixed berries (thawed) and added a bit of almond syrup instead of the port. This is best served immediately as it does tend to dry out if left to sit too long. When this is ready to serve, however, I think this is unbeatable. This will go into my "for company" file. Thanks!