Recipe by Jewelies
This recipe was in my Kambrook rice cooker cookbook. Please note that the recipe is in metric cups (250ml) and not rice cooker cups.
Top Review by little_wing
Made this tonight on the stove top since I don't have a rice cooker. Had to use a total of 3 cups of water because the rice wasn't done after two cups had been absorbed but the taste was very nice. Also used Splenda instead of the icing sugar with good results...Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT3
- 1 1⁄2 cups short-grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 45 ml honey, warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup mixed berry (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons port wine (optional)
- berries, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rice and 2 cups water into rice cooker and with lid on set cooker to cook.
- Once cooked fluff rice and stir in honey, butter and cream. Close lid and allow to stand to for 10 minutes on the keep warm setting.
- Place berries, icing sugar, 1/4 cup water and port into the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Fold berry mixture through rice mixture.
- Transfer to serving glasses and top with extra berries and cream.