Prep 15 mins
Cook 27 mins
This a recipe from Kraft that I have modified to cut the calories and make healthier. An easy to grab food for breakfast or a snack. Yum....
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄8 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 1⁄8 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup mixed berry, fresh or frozen
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Add vinegar to milk and let stand.
- Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and zest with mixer until blended; set aside.
- Combine oats and milk in small bowl; let stand for 10 minute.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add egg and butter to oat mixture; stir until well blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Gently stir in berries.
- Spoon half the batter mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups until half full. Top with 1 tablespoons cream cheese filling. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 25 to 27 minute or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.