Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A yummy June treat, when wild strawberries start growing in and around the garden.
Make and share this Wild Berry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup wild strawberry (miniature strawberries)
- milk to cover the strawberry
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil (or substitute vegetable oil)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar (substitute vanilla flavoring, if necessary)
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups spelt flour (substitute whole wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- First rinse and clean the strawberries. Place them in a small bowl. Pour some milk over the strawberries to cover. Soak for 1 to 2 hours. (This should get the seeds to fall off. If the seeds don't bother you, then skip this step.).
- Prepare the muffin tin, either grease it or place cupcake liners in it.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar, the oil and the egg until smooth.
- Add the orange juice, the mashed bananas and the vanilla sugar and mix again until smooth.
- Then add the flours and the baking powder.
- Strain the berries. Discard the milk. (Do not add the milk to the mixture!).
- Mix until all ingredients are just moist and no dry clumps remain.
- Fill the muffin tins 2/3 full of the batter.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Let the muffins cool in the tins for about 10 minutes.