Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tips: To muddle the mint against the bottom of the glass, use just enough pressure with your muddler to release the oils from the mint without tearing it. The back surface of a wooden spoon will serve as a muddler stand-in if needed. Use a lime squeezer to fully extract the lime's juice. To make simple syrup, dissolve an equal amount of granulated sugar in boiling water and then allow syrup to cool. Store in a clean bottle in a cool place. Recipe of Tony Abou-Ganim
- In a 12-oz. highball glass, muddle mint, simple syrup, wild berries and lime juice.
- Fill glass with crushed ice — it is very important to use crushed ice, not cubed — then add rum.
- Stir well until the ice is reduced by 1/3, then top with more crushed ice, stirring until the glass begins to frost on the outside.
- Spritz with soda water and stir one last time to incorporate.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint that has been dusted with powdered sugar and two long straws to avoid tickling your nose with the garnish.