- 1 cup converted white rice
- 1 cup wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 29 ounces canned vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted if desired
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart electric slow cooker, mix together the white rice, wild rice, broth, water, sherry, onion, garlic powder, and garlic pepper.
- Cover and cook on the low heat setting about 5 hours, or until the rices are tender but not mushy.
- Stir in the apricots, cherries, pecans, and parsley.
- Serve immediately.