Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The sliced olives are what really make this salad. I love the nutty flavor and texture of the rices too. A good way to get your grains on a hot day! Use the brown and wild rice that doesn't come with a seasoning packet, this has plenty of flavor on its own.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown and wild rice mix, prepared according to package directions
- 12 large pimento stuffed olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Place the cooked rices in a large bowl while still warm.
- Add olives, onions, and parsley and toss to mix.
- Whisk together the vinegar and oil.
- Add to salad and toss thoroughly.
- Let cool to room temperature and serve.
- This can be made a day in advance, but it does taste better if it's not ice-cold from the fridge.