Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wow, the name says it all. We had a huge buffet dinner for new years eve one year and people could not leave this alone. The recipe is also easily 1/2 sized.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans bean dip, spread in bottom of casserole dish
layer 2 blend
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 avocados, mashed
layer 3 blend
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 3 large chopped tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- Spread each layer evenly in order given.
- Cover and chill before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I made this for a friend's oyster roast New Year's Eve/Birthday Party. It was very, very good. The blend of flavors was awesome. The only change I made was I added about 1/2 cup mayo to the avocado to make a bit more and I bought black olives already sliced. I put it in a footed triffle bowl. It made a lovely presentation.
Awesome...I made a huge tray for a family party...I used refried beans, and homemade salsa. I didnt have green onions, but I really wished I did for I know it would have really enhance it. I will definately make this again.Thanks.
My late g/mother made this all the time when I was growing up.. I ate it so much that I burnt myself out, but it has been a long time and when I came across this recipe on this site, I had a craving for it again, and let me tell you... its just as addicting now as it was when I was a kid.. Thanks for brings back the memories