Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pasta rice & grains
Make and share this Wild About Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Soak the wild rice in 1 cup warm water for about 15 minutes. Set aside while you melt the butter & olive oil and crush the garlic and measure the rice etc.
- Melt butter and olive oil over low heat.
- Add drained wild rice, basmati rice and the garlic.
- Brown on low heat, stirring occasionally. Maybe about 10 minutes.
- Transfer ingredients to larger pot and add 2 1/2 to 3 cups of chicken broth. (More broth if you want a softer rice).
- Cook on low heat until rice is done, about 30 minutes. Fluff once after about 15 minutes.
- 5 minutes before it is finished add a pinch of saffron and the peanuts. Mix in gently.
- Serve with any meat or chicken dish.