Pasta rice & grains
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the wild rice in 1 cup warm water for about 15 minutes. Set aside while you melt the butter & olive oil and crush the garlic and measure the rice etc.
- 2Melt butter and olive oil over low heat.
- 3Add drained wild rice, basmati rice and the garlic.
- 4Brown on low heat, stirring occasionally. Maybe about 10 minutes.
- 5Transfer ingredients to larger pot and add 2 1/2 to 3 cups of chicken broth. (More broth if you want a softer rice).
- 6Cook on low heat until rice is done, about 30 minutes. Fluff once after about 15 minutes.
- 75 minutes before it is finished add a pinch of saffron and the peanuts. Mix in gently.
- 8Serve with any meat or chicken dish.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild About Rice
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.6
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 492.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 14.5 g