Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pasta rice & grains
- 1 cup basmati rice or 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 -6 garlic cloves
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- 1 pinch saffron
- Soak the wild rice in 1 cup warm water for about 15 minutes. Set aside while you melt the butter & olive oil and crush the garlic and measure the rice etc.
- Melt butter and olive oil over low heat.
- Add drained wild rice, basmati rice and the garlic.
- Brown on low heat, stirring occasionally. Maybe about 10 minutes.
- Transfer ingredients to larger pot and add 2 1/2 to 3 cups of chicken broth. (More broth if you want a softer rice).
- Cook on low heat until rice is done, about 30 minutes. Fluff once after about 15 minutes.
- 5 minutes before it is finished add a pinch of saffron and the peanuts. Mix in gently.
- Serve with any meat or chicken dish.