1/1 Photo of Wild About Creamy Wild Mushroom Soup
Sinfully Rich! You can use veggie stock instead of the chicken stock. Use your favorite dried and fresh mushrooms.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 carrot, minced (optional)
- 1 -2 celery, minced (optional)
- 1/16 ounce dried black trumpet mushrooms
- 1/16 ounce dried wood ear mushrooms
- 3 1/2 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces fresh oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 6 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup sherry wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, just leaves removed from stems
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 pint cream
- 1Soak dried mushrooms in 1 cup hot water till softened.
- 2Remove mushrooms and drain liquid through cheesecloth and saving liquid and discarding sandy bits.
- 3Chop mushrooms set aside.
- 4In the drained hot liquid and crushed pinch of saffron.
- 5Set aside.
- 6In a large pot over medium heat melt 2 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons butter.
- 7Saute onions, garlic and all the mushrooms season with thyme, salt and pepper about 5 minutes. Optional carrot and celery may be added along with onions.
- 8Add sherry reduce to half.
- 9Add chicken stock and liquid reserved from mushrooms simmer 20 minutes.
- 10In a separate pot melt 4 tablespoons butter then add flour to make a thick paste whisk in 1 pint of cream.
- 11Then whisk into soup.
- 12Using a hand blender puree the soup to a nice consistency.
- 13Let simmer 5 more minutes stirring so not to burn.
- 14Serve with soup topped with a little extra sherry.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild About Creamy Wild Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 751.2
- Calories from Fat 583
- Total Fat 64.8 g
- Saturated Fat 36.2 g
- Cholesterol 187.7 mg
- Sodium 548.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried black trumpet mushrooms