Chef #1801104305's Note:
A quick and easy method to prepare a low sodium, single serving of the quintessential Hawai'ian comfort food. Ono! It broke da mouth. Note. An easy measure for the soup base is the use of a salad dressing cruet; dashi to the 'V' line, water to the 'O' line, fill to brim with vegetable broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 127.57 g package frozen cooked saimin noodles (discard seasoning packet)
- 56.69 g reduced salt tsuyu soup stock (Hon Tsuyu Kaori Shirodashi)
- 170.09 g water
- 113.39 g low sodium vegetable broth
- 4.92 ml fresh cracked pepper
- 1Combine dashi, water and broth into a large microwave safe serving bowl.
- 2Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- 3Add frozen noodles and let steep for a few minutes, breaking up noodles with fork.
- 4Microwave for an addition 2 minutes.
- 5Pepper to taste, add favorite toppings and stir.
Nutritional Facts for Wikiwiki Saimin
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth