Recipe by Snixsys B.
A quick and easy method to prepare a low sodium, single serving of the quintessential Hawai'ian comfort food. Ono! It broke da mouth. Note. An easy measure for the soup base is the use of a salad dressing cruet; dashi to the 'V' line, water to the 'O' line, fill to brim with vegetable broth.
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) packagefrozen cooked saimin noodles (discard seasoning packet)
- 2 ounces reduced salt tsuyu soup stock (Hon Tsuyu Kaori Shirodashi)
- 6 ounces water
- 4 ounces low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- green onion
- reduced sodium Spam
- char siu pork
- egg, scrambled or sliced
- leafy greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dashi, water and broth into a large microwave safe serving bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add frozen noodles and let steep for a few minutes, breaking up noodles with fork.
- Microwave for an addition 2 minutes.
- Pepper to taste, add favorite toppings and stir.