Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Named by my children,who go mad for these (as does everybody who tries them!),these are deliciously light little butter cookies,that are very easy to make.Sandwich two together with a little butter cream and jam and a dusting of icing sugar for an afternoon tea,or drizzle them with plain chocolate for a coffee break treat..or enjoy them just as they are!!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.Add essence,rind and cream,beat until combined.
- Add the sifted flours and beat until the mixture is smooth enough to pipe.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a 1.5cm star nozzle.Pipe 4cm lengths onto the tray.
- Bake for 10-15 mins until lightly golden.
These were very easy to put together. I wound up putting a little more cream in the recipe to get the ingredients to stick together. I might have put a little too much icing sugar in because I find it hard to measure. The lemon adds a wonderful flavor to a light and slightly sweet cookie or biscuit. Made for PRMR.