Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from my sister, who is an amazing cook! We have it often at Christmas for breakfast. The great part is that you make it the night before, and have minimal work in the morning. It's fantastic! :)
- 12 -16 slices white bread
- 1 (1 lb) package cheddar cheese (I prefer med.)
- 6 -8 slices back bacon or 2 cups chopped ham
- 8 -10 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- Grease the bottom of 11 x 13 pan.
- Remove crusts from bread and layer them in bottom of pan.
- Add a layer of sliced cheese, and then a layer of ham followed with a final layer of bread with crusts removed.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs, then add dry mustard, minced onion, chopped green pepper, and salt& pepper to taste.
- Pour egg mixture over bread, cheese and ham.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix melted butter to the crushed corn flakes and sprinkle over top.
- Bake for 1 hour.
I make this not only at Christmas time but I've made it for dinner to. It is wonderful!!! YUMMY!!
This recipe is missing 3 Cups of Milk! (added to egg mixture) that's why it's dry......
This was a big hit with the adults Christmas morning. I have tried to make this in the past with a different recipe that called for milk and it turned out soggy. This recipe was the perfect texture.