Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
An easy version of what my Mother always called "Christmas Morning Wife Saver". Easy to prepare and cooks just long enough for the kids to open their presents. I like to serve it in the evening as a psuedo quiche. The addition of sage to the ground turkey makes it taste a lot like a sage sausage.
- 1 -2 russet potato
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey or 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thinly slice potatoes.
- Line an 8x8 greased pan with the potatoes.
- Mix ground turkey, garlic salt, pepper, and sage in a bowl.
- Brown seasoned meat and drain the meat well.
- Place seasoned meat on top of the potatoes.
- Mix egg and milk together.
- Pour egg mixture on top of potatoes and meat.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of casserole just prior to removing casserole from oven, just long enough to melt it.