Recipe by DuChick
I found this in an old cookbook and thought it looked interesting, especially for kids who love hot dogs. It seems to be a twist on the old Pigs in a Blanket standby, but with much more flavor! Some kids may not like the onion, so feel free to omit it.
Top Review by CareyLee
This was pretty good.. I always like the crescent roll recipe but I did not have any crescents on hand but I did have biscuits.. Loved the idea of putting onions in because I love fresh onions on my hot dogs and I also did not use the potato chips I thought that was an odd idea and would just make a mess
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese
- 10 ounces ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup or 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 10 hot dogs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed potato chips or 1 cup corn chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Combine onion and cheese; set aside.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Press or roll out each to 4 inch rectangle.
- Spread 1 teaspoonful of ketchup or chili sauce over each rectangle.
- Cut lengthwise slit in each wiener; place cut side up on each rectangle.
- Fill each slit with about 1 tablespoon of onion mixture.
- Wrap dough around wiener; press edges to seal.
- Brush lightly with milk; roll in crushed chips.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, watching closely for level of "brown-ness" desired.