Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I like this recipe as it can be made in one pan & comes with a sauce. From Cuisine at home.
Make and share this Wiener Schnitzel With Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb pork loin, trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 lemon wedges
- Slice pork into eight 1"-thick pieces.
- Pound each piece with a meat mallet to about 1/4" thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into three separate shallow dishes.
- Dredge each medallion first in flour, then in eggs, and finally in bread crumbs.
- Place breaded pork on a baking sheet or plate.
- Heat oil and 3 T. butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Saute pork until golden brown, 2–3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and keep warm in a 200° oven.
- Deglaze pan with wine; add lemon juice and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and simmer until reduced by half, about 1 minute.
- Off heat, whisk in butter 2 T. at a time.
- Stir in parsley; spoon sauce over medallions.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Excellent. A bit heavy on calories but delicious. I made Garlic truffle mashed potatoes ans peas and mushroom as a side. Comfort food.
Loved it! I did use the traditional Veal Scallopini and we just loved the sauce..I did add some capers to the sauce...great easy recipe.