Recipe by AZALEA1000
I don't remember where I got this recipe but I've been using it for years. I've recently fell in love with RecipeZaar's shopping list and just wanted this to be in there so it would be on my list.
- 4 chicken breasts or 4 pork chops or 4 veal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- oil (for frying) or lard (for frying)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped (or use canned strained mushrooms)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the meat thin and cut the fringes carefully.
- Salt lightly, bread them and put them in a saucepan and fry both sides of them in hot fat.
- There should be enough fat in the saucepan so that the schnitzel float in the saucepan and do not touch the bottom.
- Prepare three plates: Put flour on one, breadcrumbs on a second and two eggs that have been whisked. Cover the meat first in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan. Add onion and mushrooms and fry until golden. Add water, bring to a boil, and blend in the brown gravy mix.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 5-10 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle with finely chopped parsley.