Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Veal cutlet - prepared German style - or pan fried.
- 4 (6 ounce) veal cutlets
- flour, for dipping/coating meat
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 lemon, juice of
- Wipe meat with damp cloth, pound very thin.
- Dip lightly in flour.
- Mix cheese, 2 T flour, egg, parsley, salt, pepper, nutmeg and milk.
- Beat until smooth.
- Dip floured cutlets in this batter.
- Cook over low heat in 4 T butter until golden and tender.
- Remove cutlets to a warmed serving platter and keep hot.
- Heat remaining butter until darkened, add lemon juice.
- Stir and pour over cutlets.
These are the best veal cutlets I have ever made. It might be nice to mention that this recipe comes verbatim from Luchow's German Cookbook. That's why it's so good.