1/3 Photos of Wiener Schnitzel
This is such a tasty, but easy, way to prepare veal. A long-standing favourite, and lovely in summer with braised red cabbage, potato salad, and a tossed green salad. Preparation time does not include marinading or setting breadcrumbs in fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 veal scallopini, pounded thin
- 3 tablespoons flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs, for coating
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1Mix all the ingredients for the marinade together in a bowl, add veal and ensure it is completely covered by the mixture, and leave to marinate overnight, or for at least 1 hour.
- 2Remove meat from marinade, dip in seasoned flour, then in beaten egg, and finally in breadcrumbs, pressing on firmly.
- 3Place on a rack, and allow to set in fridge for 30 minutes.
- 4Heat butter and oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and saute until veal is golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- 5Remove to serving platter and garnish with slices of egg and caviar if desired.
- 6Tip: if you add a few drops of oil to the beaten egg, it helps the breadcrumbs to adhere to the meat.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wiener Schnitzel
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.9
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 409.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: