Recipe by BecR
Wiener Schnitzel is one of my all-time favorite foods to eat. I use either veal or pork cutlets (would be good with chicken, also) which I pound very thin, then dredge in flour, dip in a couple eggs beaten with cream, pat with seasoned breadcrumbs and then fry in hot melted butter on both sides until golden brown. I enjoy mine with lemon and capers and with Kartoffelsalat Family Favorite Potato Salad! (German Kartoffelsalat) and Gurkensalat Cucumber Salad With Sour Cream and Chives (German Gurkensalat). Authentic recipe is easily doubled, tripled, etc. Note: Measurements are approximate. Bon appetit!
- 2 veal cutlets, pounded thin (or pork cutlets)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 3 -6 tablespoons butter
- fresh parsley sprig, to garnish
- fresh lemon slice
- capers, optional to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound cutlets very thin.
- Dredge them in flour.
- Then dip in two eggs beaten with cream.
- And then dredge in salt and pepper seasoned breadcrumbs, patting breadcrumbs to adhere.
- Fry in hot melted butter on both sides until golden brown.
- Done, delicious.
- I enjoy mine with fresh lemon and capers and with Kartoffelsalat and Gurkensalat.
- Good eaten cold the next day, too.