Recipe by Scarlett516
An Austrian recipe. "Wiener" comes from the word "Wien," which means Vienna. Schnitzel means "meat cooked in a crust."
- 2 lbs veal cutlets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 cup oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- If the cutlets are thicker than about 1/4", then pound them so they are thinner.
- In a shallow dish, beat the eggs with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge the veal cutlets in flour, then coat with the egg mixture, and then coat with the bread crumbs. If the cutlets are not coated well enough, you may dip them back in the egg mixture and coat with a second layer of bread crumbs.
- Heat the 1/4 cup oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Fry the veal until golden brown, about 5 minutes.