This is an old Betty Crocker recipe that has been used by our family for years. The page is stained and wrinkled from so much use. Haven't found a better recipe for this traditional recipe yet! My only modification in this recipe is less salt, and we use oil instead of shortening.
- Mix flour, salt, paprika and pepper.
- Coat meat with flour mixture; pound until 1/4" thick.
- Beat egg and water until blended.
- Dip meat into egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in large skillet; brown meat quickly.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 30- 45 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with lemon wedges.