Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 veal cutlets (1 cm thick (top round of beef will do))
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley
- 1 -2 egg, lightly beaten
- to taste dry breadcrumbs
- to taste flour
- to taste oil (for frying)
- salt and pepper
- Tenderize meat between 2 sheets of wax paper (or have butcher do it for you), pat with salt and pepper.
- Dip cutlets in flour, shake off excess, dip in egg, then in bread crumbs.
- Brown meat in hot fat on both sides till golden brown.
- Place briefly on paper towel to absorb excess fat. Serve each Schnitzel with a wedge of lemon and parsley sprigs.
- Serve with a green salad, cauliflower, peas, green beans or carrots and new red potatoes, boiled, then quickly browned in butter.
It doesn't get much easier than this and it's a great main dish to have anytime! The pork loin slices I pounded out were tender and really delicious. I did add garlic for more flavor and it worked well!
This was very delicious! I used pork loins which I pounded thin and sprinkled w/ a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Thanks for a yummy recipe!
Excellent basic schnitzel recipe. I used a pork cutlet and pounded it well thanks Anne