Recipe by Kindall W
Traditional Wiener Schnitzel
Top Review by kelleher989
So Hard to find Veal nowadays! I really miss it. I had to use pork loin, boneless sliced it thinnnn, and pounded those puppies out and fried em up! Great! Nice! But VEAL would have been perfect. I just saw a Hispanic meat market at the top of a hilled parking lot, next to a thrift store and Laundromat, (omg) Do I dare go in and ask them if the have veal? I wonder if anyone else would care to share where they find their veal, if they don't raise them, or live on a farm in the booneys, but in town, at a real grocery store? or Specialty Market? in CAlifornia?
- 1 1⁄2 lbs veal cutlets
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, finely ground
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound cutlets thin between 2 sheets of waxed paper.
- Place flour in one dish, beaten egg in another, and bread crumbs in another. Salt and pepper each dish.
- Dip cutlets in to each dish in order: Flour, egg, then bread crumbs.
- Be sure the bread crumb coating is thin, but thoroughly covers the cutlet.
- Refrigerate cutlets for approximately 1 hour on a waxed paper covered platter.
- Melt 4 tsps. butter in a large skillet. Brown cutlets quickly on each side until golden brown and set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and squeeze the lemon juice in to the butter.
- Stir mixture and pour over cutlets before serving.