Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe years ago in a supermarket. The pamphlet was from Delft Blue-Provimi and contained only veal recipes. This is still one of my son's favorites.
- 4 -8 veal escalopes, flattened (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons clarified butter (for frying) or 6 tablespoons oil (for frying)
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup dry white breadcrumb
- Combine flour, salt and pepper to make a 'seasoned flour.'
- Combine egg, oil and pinch of salt.
- Coat escalopes with seasoned flour, patting it in thoroughly.
- Brush with beaten egg mixture and then coat with breadcrumbs, pressing crumbs on well.
- Heat butter or oil (or a combination of oil and butter) in a large skillet and fry escalopes over medium heat for 3 - 4 minutes on each side until golden brown and tender. For a crisp, even coating, do not let escalopes touch each other in pan and do not move them for the first 2 - 3 minutes of cooking so a coating can form.
- Drain escalopes thoroughly on paper towels and arrange on a platter.
- Garnish with lemon halves and serve at once.
Great recipe that is fast and easy to make. I made one serving for my bf and he really enjoyed this. Served this with some fresh tomato sauce, pasta, and Recipe #220537.