Recipe by Saturn
These were served at our Finger Food Fiesta For New Years. My sons gobbled them up. They were extremely easy to make. The recipe calls to serve them hot but they are great after they have cooled down as well. From Company's Coming - Appetizers - by Jean Paré.
- 8 hot dogs, cut in 6 pieces
- 12 slices bacon, wide (or twice the number of narrow slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wieners that are 5 inches (13cm) in length can be cut into 6 pieces each for bite-size servings. (I don't usually count. I just cut them up into little bites).
- Fry bacon slices until fat part has lost its whiteness. Do not fry until crisp or it won't roll. Cut slice in half crosswise and lengthwise. Allow to cool.(I usually do about 4 slices of bacon in the microwave for about 4 to 5 minutes. Then while I am getting the next plate ready to microwave, the first batch of bacon is cooling.).
- When cool enough to handle, wrap around wiener section and secure with toothpick. Uncooked bacon may be used but it takes longer to cook (they need broiling) at the last minute.
- To serve: Arrange on baking tray (or plate for microwave) and heat in hot oven, 400°F (200°C) until sizzling hot. Can be kept hot on serving tray. (We served them piled nice and high in a pretty bowl.)
- Watch for toothpicks!