Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe has been in my files for much more than half my lifetime, and from time to time I've tweaked it a bit!
- 2 lbs baked beans (I always use B&M brand)
- 4 turkey hot dogs
- 0.5 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1⁄8 cup triple sec (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut hot dogs on a diagonal into 1 inch slices.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
We used Busch's Veg., lite beef dogs (plus more), homemade soup mix, and added some black beans for nutrition and to stretch it for our family of 5. With 7 dogs and added beans, it was about 6-7 servings for us. One child said it was too sweet (we usu. eat just the Beans straight) but everyone else liked it. Made for Zaar Stars.
I really enjoyed this for dinner! I used Bush's Vegetarian beans, and LomaLinda veggie hot dogs. I also used a homemade onion soup mix. Thanks for a yummy dinner!
Excellent bean pot recipe. I substituted Schneiders XXL (long fat wieners), used Heinz deep browned pork and beans, and my recipe #110331 for the onion soup mix, and omitted the triple sec because I didn't have any. This recipe would be great using precooked sausages or chunks of kielbasa too. Served with toasted and buttered kaiser rolls. A good hearty meal-in-a-bowl.