Recipe by MarieRynr
This is a recipe I was missing from home. Lennie very kindly came up with it for me. It comes from the Company's Coming Pasta book. I have included my own variations on it. The pasta actually cooks in the sauce. I love this stuff and so did my kids!
Top Review by Princess O
This was wonderful! I only had one can of tomato soup so I used a can of tomato sauce. I also used turkey hot dogs. I also did not add mushrooms, but I did add peas. I also added garlic,seasoned salt and onion powder. I was skeptical to try this, but I am very glad I did! My kids loved this and they all asked for thirds which never happens in my household! This is extremely easy so I will be making it often. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, with liquid
- 1 lb hot dog, cut up bite size
- 8 ounces small shell pasta
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large dutch oven, combine everything; cover; cook slowly until shells are tender but firm. This should take 15 to 17 minutes.
- My own variation: I always browned my sliced weiners in the pot first before I added the remaining ingredients. I also added a bit of garlic powder, and topped it with cheese at the end.