Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Widmer Brothers Brewing Company in Portland, Oregon brews a line of deliciously original European and American style beer. I haven't made this, yet, but it looks tasty! This recipe makes quite a big batch.
- 2 1⁄2 cups widmer brothers hefeweizen beer
- 3 lbs grated tillamook cheddar cheese
- 1 lb grated cheese, of your choice (Monterey Jack works well)
- 3⁄4 lb cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 medium onion (about 3/4 cup finely minced)
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- At least four hours before making the beer cheese, open up the bottle of hefeweizen beer, pour it into a glass, and allow it to go flat.
- Later, with an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the cheeses, onion, Worcestershire, mustard, and salt, and mix thoroughly.
- With mixer running, gradually and slowly add the beer and mix until it is entirely incorporated.
- Chill and serve.
Wow this is good! Dh and I had beer cheese that we loved at a pub in Prague and I've been experimenting to try and duplicate it with no luck. I just couldn't get the right combo. This tastes just like it and it's awesome! The only thing I did differently was make 1/4 of it. Thank you so much for posting this recipe!
MMM this is really good! I've been to Widmer for dinner several times, and have their beer in my fridge often but have never had beer cheese until now. I cut the recipe in half, and it still made a ton. The only other change I made was to heat the dip then served with tortilla chips. Good stuff!