Widmer Brothers Brewing Company in Portland, Oregon brews a line of deliciously original European and American style beer. I haven't made this, yet, but it looks tasty! This recipe makes quite a big batch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups widmer brothers hefeweizen beer
- 3 lbs grated tillamook cheddar cheese
- 1 lb grated cheese, of your choice (Monterey Jack works well)
- 3/4 lb cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 medium onion (about 3/4 cup finely minced)
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1At least four hours before making the beer cheese, open up the bottle of hefeweizen beer, pour it into a glass, and allow it to go flat.
- 2Later, with an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the cheeses, onion, Worcestershire, mustard, and salt, and mix thoroughly.
- 3With mixer running, gradually and slowly add the beer and mix until it is entirely incorporated.
- 4Chill and serve.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Widmer Brothers Beer Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (2975 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1979.3
- Calories from Fat 1419
- Total Fat 157.7 g
- Saturated Fat 98.3 g
- Cholesterol 474.6 mg
- Sodium 4955.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 106.7 g