Recipe by Julesong
Widmer Brothers Brewing Company in Portland, Oregon brews a line of deliciously original European and American style beer. I haven't made this, yet, but it looks tasty! This recipe makes quite a big batch.
Top Review by Daniela
Wow this is good! Dh and I had beer cheese that we loved at a pub in Prague and I've been experimenting to try and duplicate it with no luck. I just couldn't get the right combo. This tastes just like it and it's awesome! The only thing I did differently was make 1/4 of it. Thank you so much for posting this recipe!
- 2 1⁄2 cups widmer brothers hefeweizen beer
- 3 lbs grated tillamook cheddar cheese
- 1 lb grated cheese, of your choice (Monterey Jack works well)
- 3⁄4 lb cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 medium onion (about 3/4 cup finely minced)
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- At least four hours before making the beer cheese, open up the bottle of hefeweizen beer, pour it into a glass, and allow it to go flat.
- Later, with an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the cheeses, onion, Worcestershire, mustard, and salt, and mix thoroughly.
- With mixer running, gradually and slowly add the beer and mix until it is entirely incorporated.
- Chill and serve.