Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious homemade egg noodles. Recipe is from Food Network.
- 5 cups semolina flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 -12 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Place semolina in large bowl.
- In small bowl, combine eggs, egg yolks, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and water and pour into flour.
- Stir with wooden spoon until the flour clumps together and forms a dry, firm ball.
- Knead 5-7 minutes, until smooth.
- Dough should be quite stiff.
- Cover with a damp cloth and set aside to rest 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces.
- Set 3 pieces aside, under cloth, and begin rolling fourth.
- First flatten by hand.
- Then, with pasta machine at widest setting, roll 3 times, folding in half lengthwise between turns.
- It should be smooth and wide as the rollers.
- Reduce setting, rolling dough through once at each, until you reach the next to the thinnest setting.
- Trim dough into 12-inch lengths, dust and flour, and cut with fettucine blade.
- Fluff strands to separate and set aside on floured trays.
- Repeat procedure with remaining 3 portions.
- To cook fresh noodles, bring about 3 gallons water to a rapid boil with 1 T salt.
- Cook pasta until al dente, about 3 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and serve.
- If making in advance, immediately transfer to a large bowl of ice water and chill.
- Drain and place in a plastic container.
- Toss with a tablespoon or two of olive oil and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Finished pasta can be reheated in a shallow pan, on top of stove.
- Combine with 1 T oil, 3 T water, or a scant 1/4 cup cream.
- Warm over moderate heat, adding 1/4 cup chopped parsley, shaking pan to avoid scorching.