Recipe by Viclynn
These step you outside the normal boundaries of deviled eggs with a surprise ingredient - potato chips! This was my Dad's (Wick Brandon) recipe - he got the recipe from a box of potato chips in the 70's. There are NEVER leftovers, and Easter would not be the same without them. Enjoy! Viclynn
Top Review by breezermom
Where are the extra stars! These are amazingly delicious! They weren't as moist as some deviled eggs, but the taste was great. I halved the amount of bacon, and that didn't seem to impact the taste, at least not to us! Thanks so much for sharing a deiliciously different deviled egg recipe!
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- 2 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup crushed potato chips
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Cut the eggs in half, lengthwise and scoop out yolks to a large bowl.
- 2. Mix in mayonnaise, potato chips, bacon and parsley. (Note that the potato chips will absorb some of the moisture, so I have noted 2-4 tbs. of mayo. I usually use more than less).
- 3. Stuff egg whites with yolk mixture.
- 4. Sprinkle with paprika and pepper.
- (Refrain from adding salt, as the salt on the potato chips adds flavor).