Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - Ireland. It was found on www.ireland information.com. Those of you who know me, know that I can't resist a good pancake recipe. This savory pancake sounds right up my alley. I hope you will all enjoy this unique Irish treat.
- 4 large eggs
- 600 ml milk
- 4 ounces breadcrumbs, fresh
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 sprig thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped (may use chives)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Beat the eggs lightly, then add the milk, breadcrumbs, herbs and seasonings, mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a pan until foaming, then pour in the pancake mixture and cook over a low flame until it is brown underneath and just set on top.
- Put under the grill to finish and serve cut into wedges with a knob of butter.
- on each piece.
Very interesting and tasty dish! Not really a pancake, more of an omelet; actually kind of like eggs with the toast cooked right in! The herbs are a great flavoring in this and it's very hearty and satisfying. I made half of the recipe and it easily served three. Enjoyed this - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!