Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love anything coated in cheese, and have tried and loved other recipes but I think this recipe combines all my favourite flavours in a healthier alternative to chips or fries (depending on your side of the Atlantic) I prefer to use my own seasoning mix #440608, however, ordinary salt and pepper will be fine ... According to my daughter (and the rest of the family) these potato wedges are “wicked”,,,hence the title.
- Preheat the oven to 200c and pre heat a dry shallow baking tray.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and spray with olive oil.
- Microwave on high power for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix all the other ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the potatoes and mix well ensuring all wedges are coated.
- Spray the preheated baking tray with olive oil.
- Spread the wedges over tray and lightly spray once more.
- Bake in oven for 30 mins turning occasionally.
I really enjoyed these. Like the previous reviewer, I wondered about the oven temp....my oven only goes up to 500 F! So I reduced to 425 as well, and since I halved the recipe I reduced the cook time. I did use half the seasonings as suggested...I'd eliminate the salt next time, I thought there was enough salt from the garlic salt. I thought these turned out quite beautiful....a potato side I am proud to share! Thanks Wicklewoodwench! Made for Photo Tag!
These were REALLY good! However, I wondered about the oven temp. 280° C. is 536° F. In my ancient oven, there just ain't no way!
I baked them at 425° F. for about an hour, and they were fabulous. It's nice that they weren't drenched in oil. Thanks for posting.