These little sponges are great as the base for any gluten free trifle but can easily be served as an accompaniment to a light mousse or a sorbet. I use my own recipe for gluten free flour mix #438139, but any light gf blend will work and at a pinch just rice flour can be used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 190c and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2Whisk together the eggs, sugar and zest until the mixture is thick and has doubled in volume.
- 3Gently fold in the flour mix.
- 4Place the mixture in a large piping bag with a 1/2in nozzle and pipe 3" lengths of batter onto the prepared baking sheets.
- 5Dust with caster sugar and bake for 6-8 mins until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood's Trifle Sponges (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.6
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 7.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of