Recipe by WicklewoodWench
Another adaptation of a lovely recipe for raspberry jam, for a more grown version add 4 tbsp of cassis to the jam just before potting.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to180C/gas 4.
- Wash and dry 3 x 450g jars, then pop into a preheated the oven for 15 minutes to sterilise them.
- Put the raspberries into a large stainless steel saucepan and cook for 3-4 minutes until the juice begins to run.
- Add the sweetener and lemon juice and stir over a gentle heat until fully dissolved.
- Turn up the heat and boil steadily for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- To test if it will setting point, pour a little onto a saucer and place in the fridge for 5 minutes, after which time it should wrinkle when pushed with a finger.
- Remove from the heat immediately, skim off any scum from the surface and pour.
- Pour into sterilised jars (ensure they are heat proof jars) and seal.