1/1 Photo of Wicklewood's Sugar Free and Gluten Free Apricot Sponge
This cake is based on a recipe I found on "sugar free baking" website while looking for a cake for my diabetic husbands birthday, which was perfect for him but meant I was going to spend his birthday celebrations nibbling on a ricecake,,,I don't think so,,,hence gluten free Apricot Sponge . The prep time does not include the overnight soaking of the apricots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak your dried apricots overnight in the 500ml of water.
- 2Preheat your oven to 180 deg C/ 350 deg F/gas mark four.
- 3Pour the apricots and water into a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- 4Gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Remove from the heat and liquidise.
- 6Beat butter, eggs and honey into the apricots.
- 7Sieve in the flour and mix well.
- 8Spoon into a greased cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- 9Remove from cake tin, transfer to a cooling rack and make frosting.
- 10In a large bowl, beat together the butter, vanilla and cream cheese.
- 11Add the sweetener a cup at a time and mix until blended.
- 12When the cake is thoroughly cooled, top with cream cheese frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood's Sugar Free and Gluten Free Apricot Sponge
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 836.9
- Calories from Fat 494
- Total Fat 54.9 g
- Saturated Fat 33.8 g
- Cholesterol 213.2 mg
- Sodium 788.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 46.6 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: