1/2 Photos of Wicklewood's Spicy Gluten Free Walnut and Date Cake
Moist, sweet, spicy, crunchy and gluten free,,,,heaven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 113.39 g gluten free self-raising flour
- 113.39 g dates, pitted
- 59.16 ml water
- 56.69 g butter
- 56.69 g light brown sugar
- 29.58 ml golden syrup
- 36.97 ml milk
- 42.52 g chopped walnuts
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml walnut oil
- 14.79 ml treacle
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ginger
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- 1Preheat oven to 180.
- 2Grease and lightly flour a 1lb loaf tin.
- 3Cut a length of greaseproof paper half the width of the loaf tin and twice the length, line the tin lengthways ensuring it overlaps at the ends.
- 4In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth, slowly add the beaten egg.
- 5Heat the milk in a saucepan, add the oil, syrup and treacle until melted, and then beat into the butter mixture, along with the 1 ½ oz chopped walnuts.
- 6Sift in the flour, baking powder and spices and mix well.
- 7In a pan, heat the dates, water, lemon zest and juice until boiling, reduce heat and simmer until soft.
- 8Remove from heat and puree with a blender until smooth.
- 9Place half of the cake mix in the bottom of the loaf tin, ensuring not to remove the lining paper, level with a palette knife.
- 10Spread the date puree over the cake mix, almost to the edges of the tin.
- 11Cover with the remaining cake mix.
- 12Bake for 25 mins, don’t remove from tin.
- 13Mix all the topping ingredients together and sprinkle over the cooked cake, return to the oven and bake for a further 15-20 minutes.
- 14Leave to cool for 10 mins before using the overlapping greaseproof paper to remove the cake from tin and transferring to a cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood's Spicy Gluten Free Walnut and Date Cake
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.1
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 66.6 mg
- Sodium 377.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 5.7 g