Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
My local deli sells the most amazing Butifarra which is the perfect ingredient for this recipe, and they are naturally gluten free. If you don’t have fresh tomatoes you could always use tinned tomatoes and dried parsley, however, try and use fresh ingredients where possible, as the freshness lends itself perfectly to Spanish theme.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 8 butifarra sausages
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 fluid ounces dry white wine
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based frying pan and brown the pork chops over a high heat, set aside.
- Brown the sausages in the same way, set aside (do not wipe out frying pan).
- Soften the onions and garlic in the frying pan for about 5 minutes.
- Return the sausages and chops to the pan, stir in the wine, tomatoes, paprika and bay leaf and seasoning.
- Cover and cook for 30 mins over a medium heat.
- Remove the sausages and cut into thick slices, return to the pan and stir in the parsley.
- Serve hot with a fresh green salad and crusty bread.