Cook1 hr 30 mins
I am always trying to find new ways reducing the carb content in my diabetic husband’s diet, and this variation of a Gary Rhodes classic enables him to enjoy a family favourite with a clear conscious. This can also be made in individual servings using a 4" flan tin. It is also delicious with sweet potato or a combination of the two…And for carnivores that can’t do without meat, corned beef crumbled between the layers adds protein.
- Preheat the oven to 190c.
- Grease and line a round 8" cake tin.
- Arrange some of the potato slices in the bottom of the baking tin.
- Sprinkle with some of the onion, and dot with drops of the butter, season well.
- Repeat these layers until all ingredients are used ending with a layer of potatoes.
- Brush potatoes with melted butter.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 10 mins before removing the foil and serving.