Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I love this recipe because it is so tasty and so inexpensive, delicious as a snack on gf toast or with cornbread but also brilliant as a main dish just double the quantities and serve with boiled rice
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 14.79 ml tomato puree
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 113.39 g bacon lardons
- 400 g of mixed white beans, rinsed and drained
- In a skillet, heat the oil and gently fry the onion and garlic for 5 mins until soft.
- Add the tom puree and cook for further 5 mins, stirring often.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and cook out for 35-40 mins stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan fry the bacon lardons until crispy.
- Add the beans and sauce and stir together.
- Cover and gently simmer for 5-10 mins until thick and syrupy.
Simple, but great flavored bean recipe. This would be a great dish to take to a potluck.