1 hr 5 mins
I love this recipe because it is so tasty and so inexpensive, delicious as a snack on gf toast or with cornbread but also brilliant as a main dish just double the quantities and serve with boiled rice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet, heat the oil and gently fry the onion and garlic for 5 mins until soft.
- 2Add the tom puree and cook for further 5 mins, stirring often.
- 3Add the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- 4Reduce heat and cook out for 35-40 mins stirring occasionally.
- 5Meanwhile, in a saucepan fry the bacon lardons until crispy.
- 6Add the beans and sauce and stir together.
- 7Cover and gently simmer for 5-10 mins until thick and syrupy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood's Posh Pork N Beans
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: