Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use as required by adding required amount to a recipe or you can make these into little spice bundles by placing 1 Tablespoon of mix onto a 2"square piece of muslin, pull up all edges and tie with a piece of string. p.s The system is in a really bad mood today and won't let me write "2 teaspoons of small dried red chilli" but that is what I mean, not chilli powder,,all ingredients are whole or crushed, not ground.
- 4 dried bay leaves, crumbled
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons dried chilies (the very small ones)
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon juniper berries
- 1 teaspoon crumbled mace
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger, crushed
- Mix together all the ingredients.
- Store in a small, airtight jar up to 2 months.