Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Until the medical profession can make up its collective mind on oats in a coeliacdiet, I always think it's better to err on the side of caution and I only use gluten free oats.
- 8 ounces medium oatmeal (gluten Free)
- 3 ounces brown rice flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce lard
- 1 ounce butter
- boiling water
- Preheat oven to 220c.
- In a small pan gently melt the lard and butter together.
- Place all the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the melted fat and just enough boiling water to form soft dough (about 2-3 tablespoons).
- Roll out thinly and cut out 2" circles.
- Bake on lined baking sheet for 15 mins, until crisp.