I was first introduced to lemon bars when I reviewed Secret teenage chef's "Easy Lemon Bars". They were delish, but I was determined to make them gluten free as well as sugar free.The flavor combination of fresh lemon and raspberry are what make these deliciuos little treats... Sugar free jams are available, but can be quite expensive and yet so easy to make, my own has just three simple ingredients "Wicklewood's Sugar free Raspberry jam".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces artificial sweetener
- 8 ounces gluten free all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces butter, diced
- 1 tablespoon zest of unwaxed lemon peel
- 1 pinch salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- 2Spray an 8 x 8-inch-baking tray generously and lightly dust with flour.
- 3Mix together flour, sweetner, lemon zest and salt in a mixing bowl.
- 4Add butter and rub in between your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- 5Pour the mixture into the baking tray and press evenly over the base.
- 6Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 7Set aside to cool.
- 8Mix sweetner and flour in a large bowl.
- 9Add egg, lemon juice and zest and mix well.
- 10Spread rasperry jam evenly over warm crust.
- 11Gently pour lemon mixture over jam.
- 12Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set.
- 13Remove from oven and allow to cool before placing in refrigerator.
- 14Chill in refrigerator 2 hours, cut into squares before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood's Lemon Raspberry Bars (Gluten and Sugar Free)
Serving Size: 1 (613 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.4
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 35.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: