Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here is another recipe originally taken from Sam Stern's "Cooking up a Storm". As with most sauces, it can be any of the individual ingredients that contain hidden gluten, a few tweaks later, however, and Sam's delicious recipe is completely gluten free and just as delicious, I actually believe that if you use Tamari rather than Soy sauce it helps with the sticky bit,,,yum. Sam's original recipe says to cook for 1 hour; however, I like my ribs really caramelised and crusty so I normally leave them an extra 15 mins. Delicious with wedges or plain basmati rice but it is equally delicious served as part of a Chinese meal with fried rice such as, Sue Lau's Chinese fried rice Chinese Fried Rice.
- 15 -20 meaty pork spareribs
- 4 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce or 3 tablespoons tamari
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 4 tablespoons red wine or 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons English mustard powder
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven 200c.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients, except the ribs, together.
- When completely mixed, add the ribs and coat well.
- Lay the ribs on a foil lined roasting tin and pour over any remaining sauce.
- Roast for approximately 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- When browned and sticky, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.