1/2 Photos of Wicklewood's Gluten Free Lemon Surprise
I have tried many recipes for different variations of lemon surprise puddings, and delicious as they are, none of them transferred well to being gluten free. The egg whites are what helps in this recipe, however, it is the ban Marie that is key to its success.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 180c,
- 2In a bowl, beat the butter lemon zest and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- 3Add the egg yolks, flour and baking powder, beat well together.
- 4Gradually add the milk and lemon juice. (Don’t panic if it curdles).
- 5In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs whites until they form stiff peaks.
- 6Using a metal spoon, gently fold the egg whites into the lemon mixture.
- 7Pour into a greased 2 pint ovenproof dish.
- 8Place the dish in a ban Marie and bake for 45-50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood's Gluten Free Lemon Surprise
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.3
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 132.0 mg
- Sodium 167.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 43.1 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free baking powder